Intrusion and Hold-Up Alarm Systems (I&HAS)
I&HAS are designed to protect premises against unauthorized access, damage or any other threat.
I&HAS generally consist of the following components:
- Control and Indicating Equipment (CIE)
- Supervised Premises Transceiver (SPT)
- Sensors (magnetic, infrared, microwave and combined sensors, video surveillance cameras, etc.)
- Warning device (siren)
- Ancillary Control Equipment (ACE)
- Power Supply
- Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC)
Security systems can be classified as follows:
- Anti-intrusion systems
- Control access systems (CCAA)
- Fire protection and gas detection systems
- Industrial process surveillance systems (CCTV)
Security grade and environmental class. I&HAS are categorised into security grades 1 through to 4 and in addition each component is given an environmental classification which means that each component must meet the classification for the location where it is installed.
The security grades are as follows:
- Grade 1, low risk: for security systems with acoustic signaling which are not connected to an alarm central or control centre
- Grade 2, low to medium risk: security systems intended for homes, small business, shops and general industries and connected to an alarm central or control centre
- Grade 3, medium to high risk: for facilities required by law to implement security measures, and also for commercial establishments and industries required by law to be connected to an alarm central or control centre
- Grade 4, high risk: for autonomous critical infrastructures, military facilities, warehouses handling regulated materials, security companies depositing cash or non-cash assets and precious or dangerous materials, regardless of whether or not they are required by law to be connected to an alarm central or control centre
Environmental classes are defined as follows:
- Class I – Indoor: environmental conditions indoors when the temperature is well maintained (residential or commercial property)
- Class II – Indoor – General: environmental conditions indoors when the temperature is not well maintained (corridors, halls, staircases, warehouses, areas without heating)
- Class III – Outdoor – Sheltered: outdoor or indoor extreme conditions: environmental influences experienced out of doors when I&HAS components are not fully exposed to the weather (rain, snow…) or indoors with extreme environmental conditions
- Class IV – Outdoor – General: environmental influences experienced out of doors when I&HAS components are fully exposed to the weather
Alter Technology provides product certification services for a wide range of intrusion systems, alarms, access controls (I&HAS), all in accordance with both the European standards and Spanish National Security Regulations.
- Expert audit team to perform factory site audits all over the world.
- Independence and neutrality
- ALTER TECHNOLOGY is an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory for Intrusion and Hold-Up Alarm Systems ( ENAC accreditation number 345/LE808)
- ALTER TECHNOLOGY is accredited by ENAC (Spanish National Accreditation Entity) to perform QMS audits and I&HAS production line audits in accordance with EN 17065 (accreditation number 107/C- PR261)
- ALTER TECHNOLOGY is notified body for the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU and RED Directive 2014/53/EU
We look forward to sharing our expertise with you.
+34 91 804 1893