Fire Control Systems
European regulations require that fire control products be CE marked to show compliance with the applicable European Directives.
The directives applicable to these products are the following:
- EMC Directive, 2004/108/CE (2014/30/EU from 2016/04/20)
- Low Voltage Directive, 2006/95/CE 2014/35/EU from 2016/04/20)
- Construction Products Regulation, CPR EU 305/2011
With regard to CPR, due to the fact that FDAS products are covered by System 1, the procedure of assessment and verification of constancy of performance requires involvement of a notified body.
ATN provides product testing and certification services for a wide range of intrusion systems, alarms, access controls (I&HAS) and fire control and detection equipment, all in accordance with both the European standards and Spanish National Security Regulations.
Fire control systems are tested and certified to the harmonized standards, as listed below:
|EN 54-2:1997/A1:2006||Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 2: Control and indicating equipment|
|EN 54-3:2001 /A1:2002 /A2:2006||Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 3: Fire alarm devices – Sounders|
|EN 54-4:1997 /A1:2002 /A2:2006||Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 4: Power supply equipment|
|EN 54-11:2001 /A1:2005||Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 11: Manual call points|
|EN 54-17:2005||Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 17: Short-circuit isolators|
|EN 54-18:2005||Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 18: Input/output devices|
|EN 54-21:2006||Fire detection and fire alarm systems – Part 21: Alarm transmission and fault warning routing equipment|
The testing includes:
- Vibration and shock testing
- Climatic testing
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing
- Electrical testing
- Functional testing
The Certification Body of ALTER TECHNOLOGY uses an expert audit team to perform factory site audits all over the world.
- Independence and neutrality
- A wide range of ENAC accreditations (Spanish National Accreditation Entity)
- ALTER TECHNOLOGY is Notified Body No. 2031 for the EMC 2004/108/EC Directive