Optocap have experience in the assembly and packaging of a wide range of Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) devices including Silicon PIC and InP PIC devices.
A PIC is a photonic integrated circuit that integrates multiple photonic functions, such as lasers, detectors, modulators and splitters on a single chip.
Due to the high level of functionality within a PIC devices there are a number of challenges that exist in the assembly and packaging of such devices.
Optocap have developed a range of fibre coupling process for coupling light into and out of Photonic Integrated Circuit devices including the following
- Fibre array alignment for multiple channel alignment
- Free-space micro-optic alignment
- Edge coupled and grating coupled fibre align techniques
- Laser weld or Epoxy attachment of fibres
- Precision alignment and attachment of laser or photodiode chips to PIC devices
For electrical interconnection of PIC devices Optocap have experience with Au ball wire bonding , Al and Au Wedge and Ribbon bonding for RF devices.
Optocap provides contact package design and precision assembly services for a wide range of optoelectronic, microelectronic and MEMS devices. We offer end to end backend semiconductor manufacturing from wafer singulation to assembled product.
This post is also available in: Inglés