- This event has passed.
Big Science Business Forum 2018
Monday, February 26, 2018 - 8:00 am / Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 5:00 pm CET
Europe’s new one-stop-shop for companies and stakeholders on the Big Science market
This is the first Big Science Business Forum. The initiative originates from the need of Big Science organisations to increase contact with suppliers and it aims at creating a one-stop-shop where companies on the Big Science market can meet the Big Science organisations and discuss opportunities and challenges in the market, be given detailed presentations on upcoming procurements and Big Science organisations can initiate contact with potential suppliers.
Big Science as a business area – 16 parallel sessions
BSBF2018 will address 16 topics of Big Science as a business area. Extensive parallel sessions will focus on Big Science investments in the coming years in the following areas:
- A1 Procurement, IPR and standards
- A2 Remote handling systems
- A3 Cryogenic technology
- A4 Affiliated Big Science organisations I
- B1 Technology transfer
- B2 Superconductivity and superconducting magnets
- B3 Safety systems, licensing and protection of hazardous installations, access control, fire and gas detection
- B4 Affiliated Big Science organisations II
- C1 Electrical, electronics, electromechanical and RF systems
- C2 High precision and large mechanical components – manufacturing and assembly
- C3 Instrumentation and Control and CODAC
- C4 Engineering methodologies and tools
- D1 Diagnostics, detectors and instruments
- D2 Vacuum and leak detection technologies
- D3 Basic material technologies and advanced manufacturing techniques
- D4 Information and Communication Technologies
The investment potential of Europe’s Big Science market – plenary session I
In the program’s pleanary session I, delegates have a unique opportunity to get to know the investment potential of Europe’s Big Science market when high level speakers from the nine organising Big Science organisations will present their individual organisations. See the list of prominent speakers in the conference programme.
Best practices of the Big Science market – plenary session II
In plenary session II, delegates will get to know the best practices there is on the Big Science market when prime contractors, SMEs and Industry Liaison Officers participate in a roundtable discussion. Read more about Plenary session II: Big Science as a market.