- This event has passed.
EMPS: Electronics Materials & Processes for Space Workshops
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 8:00 am / Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 5:00 pm CEST
The Tenth Electronic Materials and Processes for Space workshop will be held in Villepinte, France.
The workshop is hosted by Institut de Soudure, the French ESA Approved Training School.
The focus of the EMPS Workshop is set on high-reliability manufacturing of electronic assemblies intended to withstand assembly, storage and ground test conditions and the conditions imposed by launchers and the space flight environments.
The objectives of the workshop are to promote the development and awareness of materials and manufacturing processes utilized for space applications and to foster the discussion and exchanges of knowledge among the industry and research centres actively involved in space applications and other high-relia.
- Registration will be open from 15 March to 1 May 2019.
Alter Technology GROUP will participate at EMPS presenting two papers:
Scanning Acoustic Microscopy: Test flow and procedures for the assessment of delamination flaws and historical results review
Influence of assembly methods and thermal cycling on MLCC capacitors on crack appearance – a microsection study
Carmen López-López, Sonia Reina, Manuel Dominguez, Elisa Torres (Thales Alenia Space Spain), Cristina Marcos (Thales Alenia Space Spain), José Manuel Jimenez (Thales Alenia Space Spain)
- Reliability of PCBs, assemblies and packaging
- Joining processes such as soldering, crimping, diffusion bonding and micro-welding
- Novel test methods to assess reliability and performance
- Modes of failure
- Thermal management and thermal stability
- Novel materials and emerging materials processing for electronics
- Lead-free assemblies and processes
- Printed electronics and 3D assemblies
- Non-traditional interconnections
- Applications, trends and needs
- Technology roadmaps
- Upscaling commercial manufacturing solutions to space applications