- This event has passed.
Monday, September 23, 2019 - 8:00 am / Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 5:00 pm CEST
European Symposium on Reliability of Electron Devices, Failure Physics & Analysis
This international symposium continues to focus on recent developments and future directions in Quality and Reliability Management of materials, devices, and circuits for micro-, nano-, and optoelectronics. It provides a European forum for developing all aspects of reliability management and innovative analysis techniques for present and future electronic applications.
Hosting ESREF 2019 in this rich environment is a great opportunity since reliability in these particular applications is a very hot topic with strong challenges such as zero ppm failure and harsh environments.
For this 30th edition, in addition to the core topics of the conference, we would like to involve the major actors of aeronautics, space and embedded systems industry to provide specific topics such as radiation hardening, very long-term reliability, high/low temperature challenges, obsolescence and counterfeit issues, wide bandgap power devices for the more electric aircraft and other embedded system applications. A special session for Nanosatellite reliability is proposed.
TOPICS FOR PAPERS:
A – Quality and Reliability assessment techniques and methods for Devices and Systems
- Design for reliability, Built-in reliability,
- Virtual qualification, Reliability simulation,
- Advanced models for Reliability prediction,
- Reliability test structures, Limits to accelerated tests,
- Screening methods, Yield/reliability relationship,
- Obsolescence, Counterfeit.
B – Semiconductor Failure Mechanisms & Reliability for Si technologies & Nanoelectronics
- Process-related issues, Passivation stability,
- Hot carriers injection, NBTI, TDDB,
- High-K dielectrics and gate stacks,
- Low-K dielectrics and Cu interconnects,
- Metal migration: mechanical and thermal aspects,
- Non-volatile and programmable cells,
- Silicon on Insulator devices,
- Nano-electronics, Nano-electronic materials for solid-state devices.
C – Progress in Failure Analysis: Defect Detection and Analysis
- Electron, ion, and optical beam techniques,
- Scanning probe techniques,
- Static or dynamic techniques, Backside techniques,
- Acoustic microscopy,
- Electric or magnetic field-based techniques,
- Electrical, thermal and thermo-mechanical characterization,
- Sample preparation, construction analysis,
- Failure analysis: case studies.
SS : Special Session “Space and Aeronautic systems”
D – Reliability of Microwave devices and circuits
- Wide bandgap semiconductors,
- Microwave and compound semiconductor devices.
E – Packaging and Assembly Reliability and Failure Analysis
- Electrical Modeling & Simulations,
- Mechanical Modeling & Simulations,
- 3D / TSV, Flip-chip, Advanced substrates,
- Chip/package interaction.
F – Power Devices and Electronic System: Reliability and Failure Analysis
F1 – Smart-power devices, IGBT, thyristors,
F2 – SiC and GaN power devices
F3 – Power Electronic System reliability
G – Photonics Reliability
- Solar Cells and Display,
- Organic electronics: OLED, Electronic Ink, TFT
H – MEMS and sensors Reliability
- Bio-electronics, Bio-sensors, Nano-Bio-technologies,
- MEMS and MOEMS,
- NEMS and nano-objects.
I – Extreme environments and Radiation
I1 – ESD-EOS, Latchup
I2 – EMC-EMI (integrated circuits, power electronic systems),
I3 – Radiation impact on circuits and systems reliability.