- This event has passed.
Nuclear and Space Radiation Effects Conference
Monday, July 8, 2019 - 8:00 am / Friday, July 12, 2019 - 5:00 pm CEST
The Radiation Effects Data Workshop is a forum for papers on radiation effects data on electronic devices and systems. Workshop papers are intended to provide radiation response data to scientists and engineers who use electronic devices in a radiation environment, and for designers of radiation-hardened systems.
The conference has several short courses during the NSREC2019 days and will be taught by leading experts in their respective fields and subjects. The short courses are designed to provide a broad overview of Single Event Effects (SEE) topics, including an Introduction to SEE Sources and Mechanisms, an overview of established and developing sources.
In this edition, you will be able to observe the testing techniques, and the issues related to them, and an introduction to the techniques used and the challenges faced in designing and demonstrating ESS resilience. An extensive set of written documents (included on a CD or Memory stick) will become a valuable technical reference.
The Technical Program consists of a set of papers organized in 10 sessions of oral presentations and a poster session with papers from the 10 sessions. In addition, the technical committee has selected a set of high-quality products.
Presentations for the Radiation Effects Data Workshop. The workshop posters will present data on the effects of radiation on electronic and photonic devices and systems, and new simulation or test facilities.
During the whole workshop, the attendees will be able to intervene and discuss the different points of the conferences and will be able to visit the different exhibitors on the latest developments in areas such as radiation-hardened and radiation-tolerant electronics, engineering services, installations, modeling, and equipment.
Basic Mechanisms of Radiation Effects in Electronic Materials and Devices
- Single-Event Charge Collection Phenomena and Mechanisms
- Radiation Transport, Energy Deposition and Dosimetry
- Ionizing Radiation Effects
- Materials and Device Effects
- Displacement Damage
- Processing-Induced Radiation Effects
Radiation Effects on Electronic and Photonic Devices, Circuits and Systems
- Single Event Effects
- MOS, Bipolar and Advanced Technologies
- Systems on Chip, GPUs, FPGAs, Microprocessors
- Isolation Technologies, such as SOI and SOS
- Methods for Hardened Design and Manufacturing
- Modeling of Devices, Circuits, and Systems
- Cryogenic or High-Temperature Effects
- Novel Device Structures, such as MEMs and Nanotechnologies
- Techniques for Hardening Circuits and Systems
Space, Atmospheric, and Terrestrial Radiation Effects
- Characterization and Modeling of Radiation Environments
- Space Weather Events and Effects
- Spacecraft Charging
- Predicting and Verifying Soft Error Rates (SER)
Hardness Assurance Technology and Testing
- New Testing Techniques, Guidelines, and Hardness Assurance Methodology
- Unique Radiation Exposure Facilities or Novel Instrumentation Methods