Optocap has extensive experience in the packaging high brightness LEDS (HB-LEDS)
Optocap offers customers support in both prototype/process development for LED packaging as well as volume manufacturing capability. By prototyping on the volume manufacturing tool-set Optocap can offer a risk free transition to manufacturing with a fully optimised and high yield process.
A case-study for a LED packaging application can be found below;
- Multiple LED attached to a single substrate and individually interconnected.
- LED die presented on Wafer Film Frame. Die ejected from film frame use precisely controlled die ejector needle to avoid damage to LED die.
- Epoxy stamped (daubed) onto substrate with diameter of 200um to provide required die attach coverage and thermal dissipation.
- LED die pick and placed onto substrate in a fully automated process.
- 25um Au wire bonding to individually wire bond each LED die.
- Frame attached round substrate and encapsulated with Silicone to provide suitable surface quality for transmission of LED light.
- Optics attached to surface to provide shaping of light.
- Populated module attached to heat-sink with solder attach process.
Optocap’s expertise and capability in LED Packaging will reduce risk and reduce time to market for your LED packaging requirements as well as providing a cost-effective manufacturing option.
This post is also available in: Spanish