Aerospace and Defence Equipment Tests
Alter Technology provides to the aerospace and defence industries a comprehensive testing services porfolio:
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing in accordance with the MIL-STD-461 E/F, MIL-STD-461 establishes the requirements for the control of the electromagnetic interference (emission and susceptibility) characteristics of electronic, electrical and electromechanical equipment and subsystems for Defence use.
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing in accordance with EN 61326-1 which specifies the EMC requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use. EN 61326-1: 2013 is a harmonized standard used to demonstrate compliance with the EU EMC Directive for CE marking of EGSE (Electrical Ground Support Equipment) and UT (Unit Testers).
- Safety testing in accordance with EN 61010-1 (“Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – Part 1: General requirements”). EN 61010-1 is a harmonized standard used to demonstrate compliance with the EU LVD Directive for CE marking of EGSE (Electrical Ground Support Equipment).
- Environmental testing in accordance with MIL-STD-810 F/G/G. The part two of this standard establishes testing guidelines and methods for the influences that environmental stresses have on defencemateriel throughout all phases of its service life.
EMC documentation for defence projects
- Control Plan: Data Item DI-EMCS-80199B (EMICP based on MIL-STD 461). The EMICP describes data needed to evaluate the level of compliance of the product with the EMI requirements. It identifies the risks and the design techniques to meet the requirements.
- Test Plan: Data Item DI-EMCS-80201B (EMITP required by 5.1 of MIL-STD 461). The EMITP includes a complete description of the equipment to be tested as well as the description of the operating modes, and specifies failure criteria and loading parameters.
- Test Report: Data Item DI-EMCS-80200B for MIL-STD 461: (EMITR required by 5.1 of MIL-STD 461). The test report provides the data and information necessary to evaluate compliance of the tested equipment or subsystem with the standard requirements.
Our experienced EMC engineers can draw up this documentation under customer requirements.
– Independence and neutrality
– Alter Technology is an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory for EMC, electrical, climatic and vibration testing ( ENAC accreditation numbers 345/LE808)