OPTOCAP is a technology oriented company active in the field of optoelectronics, microelectronics and MEMS packaging design and assembly services.
Its turn-key packaging services enable its customers to reduce development and manufacturing costs, accelerate time to market and reduce risk with new product developments. OPTOCAP works in a wide variety of industrial sectors for which quality and reliability is a must along with an efficient supply chain.
Our expertise in packaging solutions spans the full product life-cycle: from design through prototyping, process optimisation, product qualification, failure analysis, volume manufacturing and transfer to low-cost volume manufacture. This provides customers adopting an outsourced manufacturing model with a much simplified and efficient supply chain.
OPTOCAP will become an integral part of the ALTER TECHNOLOGY GROUP which represents the Aerospace Business Unit in the multinational engineering TUV NORD GROUP.
- Package Design, modelling and verification
- Prototype and Pilot assembly
- Automated volume manufacturing process development
- Volume sub-contract manufacturing
- Volume manufacturing process transfer
- Supply chain management
Reduced Time to Market
- Utilising Optocap’s standard technology platforms allows customers a significant head start in their product development cycle.
- No delays for selection and commission of in-house equipment.
- Rapid prototyping (same day builds for selected parts).
Reduced Technical Risk
- Optocap’s standard technology platform’s enable customers to avoid important technical pitfalls and avoid costly qualification steps.
- Prototyping on production toolset ensures no hidden issues for production.
Reduced Product Development and Manufacturing Costs
- No requirement for equipment/expertise outside customers core IP.
- Optimised assembly process to reduce build time, improve yields and increase performance.
- Technology transfer to off-shore volume assembly houses.
- Reduced material costs by leveraging Optocap’s standard materials and respective economies of scale.
- Optocap is not a product company and hence does not compete with our customers.
- Provides customer confidence in IP control and protection.
Utilizing the Unicorn-1 Platform for In-Orbit Demonstration and Space Heritage
Alba Orbital are working with Optocap and Alter Technology to develop the ‘Optosat‘ for Semiconductor in space verification and demonstration.