OPTOCAP is a technology oriented company active in the field of optoelectronics, microelectronics packaging design and assembly services.
Its turn-key packaging services enable its customers to reduce development and manufacturing costs, accelerate time to market and reduce risk with new product developments. OPTOCAP works in a wide variety of industrial sectors for which quality and reliability is a must along with an efficient supply chain.
Our expertise in packaging solutions spans the full product life-cycle: from design through prototyping, process optimisation, product qualification, failure analysis, volume manufacturing and transfer to low-cost volume manufacture. This provides customers adopting an outsourced manufacturing model with a much simplified and efficient supply chain.
- Package Design, modelling and verification
- Prototype and Pilot assembly
- Automated volume manufacturing process development
- Volume sub-contract manufacturing
- Volume manufacturing process transfer
- Supply chain management
Reduced Time to Market
- Utilising Optocap’s standard technology platforms allows customers a significant head start in their product development cycle.
- No delays for selection and commission of in-house equipment.
- Rapid prototyping (same day builds for selected parts).
Reduced Technical Risk
- Optocap’s standard technology platform’s enable customers to avoid important technical pitfalls and avoid costly qualification steps.
- Prototyping on production toolset ensures no hidden issues for production.
Reduced Product Development and Manufacturing Costs
- No requirement for equipment/expertise outside customers core IP.
- Optimised assembly process to reduce build time, improve yields and increase performance.
- Technology transfer to off-shore volume assembly houses.
- Reduced material costs by leveraging Optocap’s standard materials and respective economies of scale.
- Optocap is not a product company and hence does not compete with our customers.
- Provides customer confidence in IP control and protection.
Utilizing the Unicorn-1 Platform for In-Orbit Demonstration and Space Heritage
Alba Orbital are working with Optocap and Alter Technology to develop the ‘Optosat‘ for Semiconductor in space verification and demonstration.
This post is also available in: Spanish