Sonia Vargas Sierra
Responsible of the Mixed Signal Test Development Area
Sonia Vargas-Sierra received the Ph.D. degree in Microelectronics from the University of Seville in 2012. She worked as researcher in the Microelectronic Institute of Seville for 10 years performing design and test of high dynamic range CMOS image sensors, vision systems on chip, and 3D integrated circuits.
Since 2005, she has been involved in microelectronics and systems design projects, among others like “AFLS4K” Microelectronic design of high speed linear sensor for industrial inspection applications (IMSE) in 2010; or Smart Image Sensors in CMOS-3D stack technologies [IMSE – Anafocus(e2v)] and Design of High Performance Heterogeneous Ultra-High Speed Cellular Sensor – Processors for ulti-Spectral Light Sensing (IMSE) in 2011.
But undoubtedly one of the projects on which she has worked the longest, has been the JUICE mission of the European Space Agency (ESA) in the period from 2015 to 2017, which has carried out the following activities:
- Test using UltraFlex ATE of 3 different commercial NOR Flash Memories (BGA 64) for comparison of effects under radiation (in progress):
- Macronix: MX68GL1G0GHXFI-10G
- Micron: PC28F00AM29EWHA
- Spansion: S29GL01GS10FHI010
- Extensive measurements using UltraFlex ATE of an ASIC test chip (PGA 208) for testing technology XH018 HV CMOS X-FAB technology under radiation (Sitael TV1).
- Research of test viability of a 18bits ADC at 1MS/s (AD7982) in the ATE ATX7006 environment.
In Alter Technology, she is responsible of the mixed signal test development area, focusing in ASICs and complex systems test design for aerospace applications, where particularly has been working with:
- Measurement of high speed and precision converters ADCs & DACs.
- Mixed Signal Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) Ultraflex from Teradyne.
- VLSI testing for the verification of the functional, static and dynamic parameters.
- Thermal and environmental testing.
- Radiation test for aerospace applications.
Alter Technology Services & Capabilities
This post is also available in: Spanish