The Branch of URSC – ISDE and The Test Laboratory for Hardness to Radiation Effects
The Branch of URSC – ISDE is a coordinator of Roscosmos activities which cover the creation and introduction of manufacturing methods for radiation hardness control, including:
1. Function implementations as a head company of the Russian Inter-agency Component Radiation Testing Center from the Roscosmos side.
2. Creation and operation covering of testing aids:
• Test facilities (heavy ion, proton and neutron (SEE, DD), gamma, laser)
• Standards and guidelines
3. Creation and operation covering of the Database for Components and Systems.
4. Creation and operation covering of the Space Radiation exposure on electronic components Monitoring System.
5. Scientific and technical conferences co-organization.
Watch full presentation online
Russian SEE test approach: available standards, test variables, difficulties and future trends
1. Admissible methods for SEE testing were determined on accounts of their realization at Roscosmos Test Facilities.
2. The SEE Testing Aids (based on ions, proton and laser sources) were created and are currently in operation.
3. The Roscosmos Testing Aids provide tests for all types of single event effects.
4. More than 3000 components were tested to SEE in 2010-2015.
5. Directions for the development of SEE Testing aids were defined.
6. We invite you to joint research – common application of Roscosmos test facilities for electronic components radiation testing (including software, standards and methods development).
Ion SEE Test Facilities
Russia’s Regulation Used (Standards and Guidelines) for SEE
20 documents, main ones:
1. Establishing Methods of the Requirements on Hardness of Spacecraft Electronic Devices to the effects of Natural Origin Space Charged Particles.
2. Digital Integrated Circuits Test Methods on the impact of Certain High Energy Protons and Space Heavy Charged Particles on Heavy Ion Accelerators.
3. Test Methods on the Effects of Analog and Mixed-Signal Integrated Circuits to the Single High-Energy Protons and Space Heavy Charged Particles on Heavy Ion Accelerators.
4. Test Methods on the Effects of Power MOSFETs to the Single High-Energy Protons and Space Charged Ions and Heavy Ion Accelerators.
5. Integrated Circuits Hardness Calculation Methods to the Effects of Space Charged Ions on Single Errors and Faults Hardness Evaluation Methods to the Effects of Space Charged
Particles on Single Event Effects.
This post is also available in: Spanish