EMC Electromagnetic Compatibility
Electronic components are the basic constitutive elements of every electronic equipment or system and as such determine the final characteristics of the product.
Electromagnetic compatibility is the ability of a device or system to properly function in its electromagnetic surroundings without causing electromagnetic jamming.
Basically there are two EMC issues to deal with:
- Electromagnetic emission: refers to the electromagnetic noise generated by a device or system and its release to the environment
- Electromagnetic immunity: refers to the ability of a device or system to function correctly in the presence of unwanted emissions
EMC testing guarantees the reliability and interference-free functioning of different electronic devices and systems in a common electromagnetic environment. This can be achieved by measuring the emissions of a device or system and by assessing its immunity to electromagnetic disturbances.
The commercial launch process of any product should be carried out in compliance with the applicable EMC regulations, otherwise the viability of the process can be questioned.
Alter Technology TÜV NORD offers its expertise in EMC testing covering a wide range of sectors: railway, military, aviation, space, electronic security and safety, medical equipment, etc.
EMC Electromagnetic Compatibility Test Training
More detailed information concerning various EMC tests can be found in the articles listed below:
- Conducted Emission
- Radiated Emission
- Conducted Immunity
- Radiated Immunity
- Electrical Fast Transients
- Surge Immunity
- Harmonic Test
- Electrostatic Discharges
- Voltage Fluctuation and Flicker
- Dips interruptions voltage variation
- Independence and neutrality
- Alter Technology has as ENAC accreditation to perform EMC testing (accreditation number 345/LE808)
- The EMC laboratory of Alter Technology TÜV NORD is a notified body for the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC. It is recognized by NIST (USA) and RRA (South Korea) for EMC testing and is a Recognised Testing Authority (RTA) by the Australian National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) for EMC and Safety testing.
We look forward to sharing our expertise with you.