What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you gain access to certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and recover information on the browsing habits of a User or his/her computer. Depending on the information they contain and the way the User makes use of his/her computer, they can be used to recognise the anonymous User.
Cookies are only associated with an anonymous User and his/her computer, and do not provide any references that allow the User’s personal data to be deduced.
Types, purpose and operation of cookies in general
1. Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain active
Depending on the period of time they remain active on the User’s terminal equipment, we can distinguish between:
Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a website.
They are often used to store information that is only worth keeping in order to provide the service requested by the User on one single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
Persistent cookies: In these cookies, data remain stored on the device, and can be accessed and processed over a defined period of time that is determined by the entity responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
2. Types of cookies according to the entity managing them
Depending on the identity of the entity managing the server or domain that is sending the cookies and processing the data obtained, we can distinguish between:
First-party cookies: Cookies that are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a server or domain that is managed by the publisher itself, and which also provides the User with the requested service.
Third-party cookies: Cookies that are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through these cookies.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through the cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
• Technical cookies: Cookies that allow the User to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that are found on it. These could include, for example, controlling traffic and data communications, identifying the session, gaining access to restricted access areas, recording the elements included in an order, carrying out a purchasing process of an order, requesting registration for or taking part in an event, using security elements whilst browsing, storing contents for video and sound streaming or sharing content through social networks.
• Customisation cookies: Cookies that allow the User to gain access to the service with some pre-defined general settings based on a series of criteria in the User’s terminal. These could include, for example, the language, the type of browser though which the User gains access to the service, the regional configuration used to gain access to the service, etc.
• Analytical cookies: Cookies that allow the entity responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of Users on the websites they are linked to. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms, and to create browsing profiles for Users of these websites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of data regarding the Users’ use of the service.
• Advertising cookies: Cookies that allow for the most effective management possible of any advertising space the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which advertisements are shown.
• Behavioural advertising cookies: Cookies that allow for the most effective management possible of any advertising space the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store behavioural data on a User, obtained through continuous observation of his/her browsing habits, which enables the development of a specific profile in order to display tailored advertising.
What types of cookies does this website use in particular?
Definition, identification and purpose of cookies used on this website that are not excluded by the Law on Information Society Services (LSSI, for its initials in Spanish).
• Analytical cookies: These cookies are processed by us and by third parties. They allow us to quantify the number of Users and thus measure and statistically analyse the use Users make of the service offered. In order to do so, they analyse how Users browse through our website in order to improve the range of products or services we provide.
• Advertising cookies: These cookies are processed by us and by third parties. They allow for the most effective possible management of the range of advertising space on the website, adapting the content of the advertising to the services requested and to the use made of our website. To this end, we may analyse the User’s Internet browsing habits, and we may show a User advertisements that are tailored to his/her browsing profile.
Table of cookie identification and purpose
The publisher’s name, and the name, type and purpose of the cookie.
|DSID, IDE||Terceros||Doubleclick||Utilizado por Google AdSense para registrar e informar las acciones del usuario del sitio web después de ver o hacer clic en uno de los anuncios del anunciante con el propósito de medir la eficacia de un anuncio y presentar anuncios orientados al usuario.||Más información|
|1P_JAR, APISID, CONSENT, HSID, NID, SAPISID, SID, SIDCC, SSID||Terceros||Google Inc.||Estas cookies son utilizadas por Google para almacenar las preferencias del usuario y la información durante la visualización de las páginas con los mapas de Google en ellos.||Más información|
|ACCOUNT_CHOOSER, GAPS, LSID||Terceros||Google Inc.||Al crear o iniciar sesión en una cuenta de Google se almacenan las cookies PREF, NID, HSID, APISID, SID, SSID, SAPISID, GAPS, LSID, BEAT, ULS, en su ordenador con el fin de permanecer conectado a su cuenta de Google al visitar sus servicios de nuevo. Mientras permanezca con esta sesión activa y use complementos en otros sitios Web como el nuestro, Google hará uso de estas cookies para mejorar su experiencia de uso.||Más información|
|_ga||Terceros||Google Inc.||Registra una identificación única que se utiliza para generar datos estadísticos acerca de cómo utiliza el visitante el sitio web.||Más información|
|_gat||Terceros||Google Inc.||Utilizado por Google Analytics para controlar la tasa de peticiones.||Más información|
|_gid||Terceros||Google Inc.||Registra una identificación única que se utiliza para generar datos estadísticos acerca de cómo utiliza el visitante el sitio web.||Más información|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Propia||wpo-altertechnology.com||Cookie técnica que almacena la decisión del usuario de aceptar la política de cookies para mostrar o no el aviso.|
|navgoco||Propia||Esta cookie almacenar submenús expandidos entre sesiones.|
|wfvt_xxxxxxxxxx, wordfence_verifiedHuman||Propia||Wordfence||Cookies utilizada para ofrecer seguridad al navegar en la página Web.|
Note: First-party cookies are only used by the owner of this website, whereas third-party cookies are also used by the service provider stated in the table above.
This acceptance may be revoked through the browser’s content and privacy settings. ALTER TECHNOLOGY TÜV NORD, S.A.U. recommends that its Users should refer to their browser’s help page, or access the support websites of the main browsers:
• Other browsers: please refer to the documentation of the browser you have installed.
This post is also available in: Inglés