Alter Technology (formerly Optocap), has extensive experience in aligning and attaching fibers and optical components to a wide range of optoelectronic devices including DFB lasers, Quantum Cascade lasers, SLEDs, SOA’s and Receivers.
Alter Technology UK offers a standard Telcordia compliant platform for packaging and fiber coupling optoelectronic devices into 14-pin Butterfly package. This standard platform incorporates a Thermistor, Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC) and back-facet photodiode monitor. A full flux and organic free process is used to avoid any contamination that may compromise the delicate optical surfaces. A fully hermetic seal casing in an inert gas atmospheres offers an increased lifetime of the optoelectronic device. A laser-welded fiber attach process is used to provide a robust and reliable attachment. This standard platform has undergone extensive environmental testing for demanding Telcordia standards.
Alter Technology UK the standard platform provides several key benefits;
- Avoids Design and Development NRE charges.
- Utilises Telcordia/Space compliant processes and materials.
- Enables faster time to market by utilising off-the-shelf components and avoiding key technical pitfalls.
- Provides competitive unit prices based on automated assembly processes and utilising economies of scales for purchasing materials.
Alter Technology (formerly Optocap), standard fibre coupled butterfly package platform has the following features;
- Wide range of packages including 14-pin butterfly packages and TO-cans.
- PM, SM, MM, Polycrystalline, High-temperature fibres and FVA’s including lensed options.
- Laser weld or epoxy attach of fiber assembly
- High-quality AR coating with a variety of lens designs to maximise coupling efficiency
- Solutions for a wide range of devices and wavelengths including DFB, DBR lasers, SOA’s, SLD’s VCSEL’s, Photodiodes and Quantum Cascade lasers
- Isolators and Free-Space optics
- Thermistor, TEC and Monitor Photodiode
Contact us for more information
- Quantum Key Distribution - 7th November 2022
- Conducted Immunity - 20th May 2019
- Electrical transients Test - 2nd May 2019