Optocap has extensive experience in aligning and attaching fibers and optical components to wide range of optoelectronic devices including DFB lasers, Quantum Cascade lasers, SLEDs, SOA’s and Receivers.
Optocap offers a standard Telcordia compliant platform for packaging and fiber coupling optoelectronic devices into 14-pin Butterfly package. This standard platform incorporates a Thermistor, Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC) and back-facet photodiode monitor. A fully flux and organic free process is used to avoid any contamination that may compromise the delicate optical surfaces. A fully hermetic seal casing in an inert gas atmospheres offers increased lifetime of the optoelectronic device. A laser welded fiber attach process is used to provide a robust and reliable attachment. This standard platform has undergone extensive environmental testing to demanding Telcordia standards.
Optocap’s standard platform provides several key benefits;
- Avoids Design and Development NRE charges.
- Utilises Telcordia/Space compliant processes and materials.
- Enables faster time to market by utilising off-the-shelf components and avoiding key technical pitfalls.
- Provides competitive unit prices based on automated assembly processes and utilising economies of scales for purchasing materials.
Optocap’s standard fibre coupled butterfly package platform has the following features;
- Wide range of packages including 14-pin butterfly packages and TO-cans.
- PM, SM, MM, Polycrystalline, High temperature fibres and FVA’s including lensed options.
- Laser weld or epoxy attach of fiber assembly
- High quality AR coating with variety of lens designs to maximise coupling efficiency
- Solutions for a wide range of devices and wavelengths including DFB, DBR lasers, SOA’s, SLD’s VCSEL’s, Photodiodes and Quantum Cascade lasers
- Isolators and Free-Space optics
- Thermistor, TEC and Monitor Photodiode
Optocap provides contact package design and precision assembly services for a wide range of optoelectronic, microelectronic and MEMS devices. We offer end to end backend semiconductor manufacturing from wafer singulation to the assembled product.
This post is also available in: Spanish