At Alter Technology, our laboratory capabilities allow us to provide services on customer equipment (CPE) from the early stages of definition (requirements, applicability environment, test plans), integration into ISP Network systems, contact and support with manufacturers, to field deployment tests at the end customer’s home (FUT).
The different types of tests carried out in our facilities allow us to homologate the CEP´s, in Compatibility, Performance, Functionalities of the router and default configuration.
We also carry out other processes such as:
Verification of compliance with Triple-Play services
Device type-approval tests (HW and SW)
Testing of Software (SW) versions (maintenance or regressions)
IoT, Internet of Things and Cloud
Technical evaluation of the behavior of devices with new services or changes in parameterization.
Incident management: reproduction of the problem and validation of the solution.
Preparation of test environments
Sample logistics: Inventory and control of samples for testing and certification process.
Registration, reservation and management of laboratory resources.
Cybersecurity: maintaining the security of products, processes and systems
Entre las pruebas de laboratorio se incluyen:
- Environmental / electrical testing of CPEs.
- Indoor combined cycles
- CE marking and other certification tests in CPEs.
- Power Supply Unit (PSU) Test
- Characterization of the optical fiber.
- Physical layer test: xDSL, GPON, XGS-PON, NG-PON2 technologies.
- Functional test: IPV6, VoIP, IPTV, WiFi.
- Application and execution of documents according to BroadBandforum and EEE such as TR-069, TR111, TR104, TR255 and BBF-247 recommendations.
- FUT (Field User Test)
CPE test plans cover different blocks and functional characteristics of CPE:
GPON functionalities management:
- provisioning / activation processes, optical signal / synchronization functionalities, statistical / diagnostic / alarm functionalities …
- Delete / reconfigure 3Play services, routing functionalities
- Multicast NAT-PAT functions, QoS functions…
- Wizard functions, DHCP functions (DHCP Options), port management, Nat table size, VoIP agent, DVR in the cloud, PPPoE sessions, uPnP, IPSec support, DLNA, FTP / Telnet / SSH Client-Server.
- IPTV services and quality with saturated line (traffic modeling), fast channel change. Stability test scenarios: Ethernet TV + internet and / or WiFi TV + internet. P2P services, IGMP proxy and inquiry functions, VoD functionalities.
- compatibility with smartphones, tablets, video consoles, decoders (STB), dongles, APPS (WhatsApp, etc.).
- Compatibility with the provider’s service platform: 3Play services subscription, migration configurations (2Play / 3Play, static / dynamic), infopush messages.
- Bestmarking, performance and solution comparison.
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz technologies
- 802.11a / 802.11b, 802.11g / 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ax connectivity
- WiFi network authentication management (WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA2-AES …)
- Availability of radio channels (11n, 11g) for 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- WPS network authentication features
- MAC filter configuration, maximum number of clients
- Veriwave tests (performance results, rank versus rank results …)
- Radiation diagrams, PIRE tests, coverage footprints.
- Bluetouch® versions: 2.0 / 2.0+EDR, 2.1 / 2.1+EDR, 3.0 / 3.0+HS, 4.0 (BR+EDR+BLE), 4.1, 4.2, 5.1
- Dual battery (on/off, restoration of double-stack PPPoE sessions)
- DHCPv6 Features
- Firewall and IPv6 protocols (HTTP, SMTP, POP3…)
- IPv6 TR-069 Features
- IPv6 Stability Scenarios
- Static / dynamic WAN configuration, WAN PVC configuration, QoS functionality, LAN parameters, firmware update, complete configurations (2Play / 3Play), LAN and port configuration, diagnostic tests.
- Wireless features: WPA, MAC filter, SSID
- Filter extensions: WAN, LAN, interfaces, protocols, port and IP filters, source and destination filters …
- Performance characteristics: HTTP / FTP upload / download
- Statistical characteristics: LAN, WAN, WANDLSI, WANIP connection, WANPPP connection, queue statistics
- TR111 features: profile UDPConnReg, STUN, CR via UDP, notification configuration active, notification functionality active.
This post is also available in: Spanish