Talk summary: In order to evaluated the displacement damage on device induced by energetic particles in space, various device samples including optocouplers, solar cells, and bipolar ransistors are irradiated with protons, neutrons and γ-rays.
The electrical parameters were measured before and after irradiation. The degradation induced by different radiation sources is compared and analyzed.
The test plan is recommended to evaluate device displacement damage for space application.
Yu Qingkui graduated in Semiconductor Physics and Device at the University of Harbin Institute Of Technology in 1989. He has been working in China Academy of Space Technology. His research activity involved the study of failure analysis, radiation effect of semiconductor devices. He became professor in 2007. He is the author of several China aerospace standards on electronic components radiation test. He now studies as Visiting Scholar in Padova University.
- The different DD level may be obtained by different particles.
- Proton is preferred. The energy of proton should be selected based on the proton energy spectrum inside of the spacecraft.
- Neutron may gives underestimate test results.
- TID and DDD should be tested on the same group samples.
Download or read the full report here
- Inmunidad conducida - 20th mayo 2019
- Ensayos de Transitorios eléctricos - 2nd mayo 2019
- Ensayo Campo de RF radiado - 2nd mayo 2019