Security is a vitally important aspect to consider when developing a robot for any service or application in different environments, whether nuclear, space, agriculture, inspection and maintenance, security and defence, etc.
The CE marking of a robot is another crucial aspect to consider, as it indicates the robot’s compliance with all community directive requirements imposed on the manufacturer, and allows the free marketing of robots throughout the European market.
Robot manufacturers need the collaboration of a reliable partner who, starting from the design phase, can support them throughout the robot’s entire life cycle, in order to achieve a safe robot that can demonstrate compliance with the applicable European directives, and has a CE marking. Alter Technology TÜV NORD S.A.U. can support you in the following activities, taking into account everything from the proper design of a robot to its application and different work scenarios:
- Identification of legal requirements, conformity assessment procedures and rules to be applicable (EN ISO 10218, EN 60204-1:2006)
- Review of the design to ensure that it meets the requirements
- Risk analysis, and identification of mitigating measures
- Functional safety (EN 61508, EN 62061:2005, EN ISO 13849)
- • Conformity assessment, and the tests necessary to finalise the issuance of the declaration of conformity and the CE marking
The Equipment and Equipment Certification (EC) department of Alter Technology provides technological solutions for product compliance for companies in very demanding industries, such as Aerospace and Defence, Security, Railways, etc. Our goal is to provide our clients with efficient testing and certification solutions and to respond to new technological challenges.
If you want more detailed information about the steps required to achieve CE marking of a robot: