In this document there is a wide explanation about the U-Space concept. Summarizing, U-space is a set of new services and specific procedures designed to support safe, efficient and secure access to airspace for large numbers of drones.
According to this document, the delivery of U-space adopts the following key principles:
- To ensure the safety of all airspace users.
- To provide a system that can respond to while managing the interface with manned aviation.
- To enable high-density operations with multiple automated drones.
- To guarantee equitable and fair access to airspace for all users.
- To enable competitive and cost-effective service provision.
- To minimise deployment and operating costs.
- To accelerate deployment by adopting new technologies and standards.
- To follow a risk-based and performance-driven approach when setting up appropriate requirements for safety, security (including cyber-security) and resilience (including failure mode management).
What is U-space?
U-space is a set of new services and specific procedures designed to support safe, efficient and secure access to airspace for large numbers of drones. These services rely on a high level of digitalisation and automation of functions, whether they are on board the drone itself, or are part of the ground-based environment. U-space provides an enabling framework to support routine drone operations, as well as a clear and effective interface to manned aviation, ATM/ANS4 service providers and authorities.
- Alter Technology, first Notified Body in Europe accredited to certify drones - 9th February 2022
- Declaration of Conformity and CE Marking – WEBINAR - 4th November 2020
- NEW ISO STANDARD for Drones Released! - 29th January 2020