The “AMSTERDAM DECLARATION” for the Drone Market was Finally Signed in the Framework of the Drone Week 2018
Good news for the drone sector. On November 28th was signed the “Amsterdam Declaration” by the European Commission (EC), the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), and the Infrastructure Minister of the Netherlands.
This Declaration urges the European Institutions and industry to continue the good progress towards the delivery of the common European drone services market by setting seven priorities:
- Providing support to Member States in the implementation of the European drone regulations;
- Developing, in close cooperation with Member States and all stakeholders, an institutional framework for a competitive U-space services market and how drones need to be operated in the Single European Sky;
- Developing European product standards for drones and other standards to meet the European performance requirements taking into account the global dimension;
- Supporting cities in their efforts to provide a fertile ground for innovative multimodal solutions to be integrated into their urban planning processes;
- Developing communication and promotion material for information campaigns to all drone users and other actors involved in drone operations such as local authorities;
- Further enhancing the European U-space Demonstrator Network to speed up the opening of the drone services network;
- Investing in the necessary research and development activities that are a key enabler for the growth of safe, secure and green drone operations in Europe.
It is important to highlight that EASA ratified in this event (Amsterdam Drone Week) the officialization of the new common European regulatory framework, the first half of the next year 2019.